September 20, 2008

What if life is a dot?

In a post titled "What is the Meaning of Life?" blogger Mary Jaksch asks:
What if life isn’t a path? What if life is a dot?

A dot doesn’t have dimension. There is no before and after. The dot is now. This moment. Now.

What if this moment right now is the pinnacle of our life? What if each moment is the pinnacle? That is, if we actually live it and don’t miss it through dreaming of the future.

What if the smell of fresh ground coffee is the pinnacle? What if the hug at the door as you go to work is the pinnacle?
I just discovered Mary's blog: Goodlife Zen - Personal growth for intelligent people. It looks like there's quite a bit of interesting and inspiring content there to explore. I'll have to add that to my list of RSS feeds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what an RSS feed it but I like the dot theory so I"ll make sure to smell my coffee and hug a lot at the door. --Andrea