July 9, 2008

Belief-O-Matic

Unfortunate name aside, the Belief-O-Matic (http://www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html) is actually pretty cool. It's a personality quiz about your religious and spiritual beliefs.

You answer 20 thought-provoking questions about your concept of God, the origins of the universe, the afterlife, morality, human nature and a range of other issues. Belief-O-Matic will then give you a rank-order scoring of how 27 different and diverse faiths match your beliefs.

You should note that the site expressly disclaims legal liability for the ultimate fate of your soul.

Here's a sample question:

3 comments:

Laurel said...

This is great! I've always wanted to know what religion I am! ; )

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I thought it was great. Fascinating to see the results. In my case the top 4 were exactly what I would have predicted. How Neo-Pagan slipped in at 5 I'll never know. Or perhaps I know more about them than I thought. Ray

jovaliquilts said...

That's me, a secular humanist 100%! Did you know you don't have to write out the URL in your blog text? Just highlight the words that represent the link and then click that funny looking green icon in the tool bar (right after the text color selection icon) and a pop-up window will let you put in the URL there and create a link.